Friday, October 26, 2012

Square # 10 & a week in California

Over the past week my husband & I were in California for my cousins Wedding.   Except for our kids, due to midterms, the entire family attended.  We arrived in Modesto the day before the Wedding; we did a bit of shopping in the morning and relaxed by the pool in the afternoon.  For Friday evening my Uncle arranged a family dinner for everyone staying at the hotel.  It was alot of fun catching up with everyone.  After the dinner, my mother & I presented the bride with one of our gifts to her for her Wedding.  It is Sweetheart Tree's Wedding Sampler with a few tweeks.  I extended the centre area, as both their names are too long to fit on the same row, and I converted the colours to reflect the colours of her bridesmaids' dresses and flowers.  She absolutely loved it.
 
Saturday morning my Mom, my niece and I went to a Salon to have out hair done.  I would recommend this to everyone; we felt quite pampered.  And I could never get my hair to look like this.
 




 
My cousin's dress was stunning and she made an absolutely beautiful bride.  The groom looked pretty good too!                                                                                                                       


Here are David and myself at the reception.  We partied until after midnight.  

Sunday morning, after all the final good-byes we headed off to San Francisco for a few days......   I'll save this portion of our trip for next week.

                                                                                     
10. Mock Faggot  

I had managed to complete this stitch before we left for California, but then ran out of time and could not post.  

Now that we're back home I should slowly get back on track.  I had taken my 15 sided Pulled Thread biscornu with me, but I only managed to stitch a little bit at the airport on our trip home.

 




                     Click here for the stitch instructions 
                     and stitch diagrams for Square #10.

No comments:

Post a Comment