Friday, April 15, 2011

18 Square Sampler - Part 16

This past Wednesday my Mom headed off to Germany for 2 months.  It was hard saying good-bye; I will miss her terribly.  We are with each other always in the shop, and rely on each other for many things.  When heading off to Germany, she always likes to take little "Stitcher's Care Packages" for 2 of my cousins that love to stitch.  So, one of the items I included was a kit of my 18 Square Sampler.  One of them loves blue and the other "Old Rose" (as she describes them) tones.
Fabric: 28ct Lugana, Ice Blue.  Threads: Hand-dyed Fibre, Paua Abalone.  152 Anchor for the backstitching within motifs.  1064 Anchor for the outline.  Beads: Mill Hill 00358
Fabric: 28 Lugana, Bone.  Threads: Caron Collections Waterlilies Autumn Leaves, 3858 DMC for the backstitching within motifs. 1008 Anchor for the outline.  Beads: Mill Hill 02037

  I can't wait until they finish their samplers and send me a photo.  I had so much fun choosing the colours that I just had to finalize the colours for my own sampler.  I completely changed my colour choice again.  I had trouble finding two solid colours, to match SNC 258, Sidewalk Chaulk, that I liked.  So I went with a colour combination that I had originally wanted to use for my 2nd 15-Sided biscornu. The fabric is a 32ct hand-dyed Lugana, Porpourri.  The hand-dyed fibre is by Threadworx, 01070 Rocky Mountain.  The solid colour within the motifs is NPI silk 935, and the outlined border is Splendor Silk S940.  The beads are Mill Hill 02080
Once I had my threads chosen, I couldn't resist and started stitching. I love the way the colours are working out.  I'll post my progress next week.  For those of you ready for square #16, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment