Friday, February 18, 2011

15 Sided Biscornu - Part 9

This morning on Canada AM during their Travel Tips segment, they suggested an alternative Winter Outdoor activity for those who are not Skiers or Snowboarders.  They chatted about Dog sledding and actually visited Winter Dance, the same organizing we dog sledded with this past weekend.  I watched them mush along the same trail we traveled on; how cool is that!!

 
And now for Part 9,  it is a little different from the earlier designs.  The earlier patterns all had an even stitch count, whereas  Part 9 has an odd number, 17 x 17 stitches.  The border is 20 x 20 stitches.  To position the design evenly within the square outline, you will have 1 1/2 stitches (or 3 fabric threads) between the design and border outline.  There are two possible techniques when stitching this design.  One is to stitch the pattern first and then the border outline.  Click here for an alternate option.  I found this later version  less complicated.   Take care and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh...now for my weekly challenge since I have been stitching mine on Aida...I will have to come up with a minor adjustment making it fit the scale...
    I can do this! I love your designs.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, Aida is something I hadn't thought about. The easiest would be is to shift the pattern, so on one side there is one stitch between the design and the border and on the other there are two stitches. If you want the design evenly centered within the border, stitch the pattern first and then shift the border stitches from middle of the stitch to middle of the stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I will sit down to stitch tonight and will get it worked out. I may just squish a few stitches together in the pattern to make it come out even. Thanks for the patterns and for your suggestions!! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my squared stitched on the Aida...It is a little changed but the dynamics of it look the same and hopefully no one will notice!! Looking forward to tomorrows. Vicki

    ReplyDelete