Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

For the past 5 days I've been busy cleaning and decorating the house, sewing up 1 pillow and the final 5 needlepoint stockings for customers, and swedish weaving 4 Christmas Tablerunners.  I had stitched one for myself for the beginner Huck weaving workshop I held on November 27th.  Since then my tablerunner has been on the front counter in the store as part of a Christmas display.  Every day as my mom would walk past it she would say "What a nice tablerunner, that would look great on my coffee table, but only if it's not too much trouble".   Wanting something more to get my mom for Christmas, and seeing that one end of the tablerunner only took me 1 1/2 hours to stitch, I thought no problem - I'll manage to get it done.  And then I thought, my mother-in-laws and sister would really like this as well.  So for the last week, I've been stitching on the tablerunners every evening.  By the time I got to the fourth one, I was glad it was the LAST one.  

The pattern is from a Zweigart leaflet, and the fabric is 11count Stockholm, very much like Huck fabric, but available in a wonderful selection of colours.  For the center tree I used  Anchor perle cotton #5  7683, a dark green with blended gold.  For the next two layers I used DMC perle cotton #5 367 and 368 respectively.  For the last (outer) layer of the tree and the bottom 2 rows I used Cresta d'Oro, a metallic gold by Rainbow Gallery.








I'm ready for Christmas so early this year, as we're celebrating Christmas with David's mom, his sister and her kids today.  They're visiting from Ottawa until Friday, and we'll celebrate with my family on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to all of you.  
I wish you all a wonderful celebration, enjoyable times with family and friends, 
and some much cherished stitching time. 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to You and your family too Kathrin!

    ReplyDelete